Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Another Day - Another Dollar!

The weather is just marvelous. Days are warm and windy, I don't mind windy. The evenings are cool with at least a million stars in the sky. The moon last nite was less than half and so when we returned home last nite I could barely see the gate latch on the ground. We have a system, Larry and I. He drives and I open and close the gate. Sometimes when we've been gone all day, I open the gate and get the mail across the street. Ya know there are no street lights and a dirt road. I don't get scared. It's some kind of liberating feeling that I'm out in the dark with no one around, just a faint sound of dogs barking in the distance. I enjoy that time. Then I heard Larry boom "hey, are you okay?" Many times we just sit on the patio and look at the traffic coming down the hill from Bullhead to Kingman. Makes me feel like a gramma. Hey.................I am a gramma. AND Sarai is bringing me her four children for the weekend. I'm so excited!!! I've planned out what we are going to make for dinner. We are going out to gather rocks in the morning. Maybe the local swapmeet. And of course we always play monopoly and horseshoes. This is great weather for horseshoes. Last summer Cassandra was the first to have a double ringer. This summer I finally got mine.

Tuesday is my busy day. I teach at the college in Bullhead. Then dash over to Kingman for pool league. Last nite we had a pleasant surprise and Lori from California was in Laughlin so we traveled back over to hill to hang out with her and the family. It's great to see friends and catch up on the goings on.

Today, I finished up a project of hemmed outfit and picked up a few dollars. Got another call to hem drapes and I'm finishing it up tonite. So there's another couple of dollars. Mostly it's nice to meet people and having a projects makes me keep busy. Some days I could easily lay around all day in my jammas. Glad for small favors.

that's all for today guys. See ya later..................

No comments: